Prong collars are very powerful tools, and using one could benefit you and your dog. Before I get into this topic, let me address the elephant in the room. These are powerful tools. If you are new to dog training or using a leash and a collar, I cannot recommend this tool for you and your dog. However, that doesn’t mean that you should avoid learning about this tool.
Prong collars can be an intimidating tool for most dog owners to consider placing on their pets. It’s my opinion that you shouldn’t haphazardly purchase any prong collar and start using it to train your dog. What I am not saying is that you should avoid using this tool on the contrary. It’s been my experience that learning how to utilize this tool could help you make some breakthroughs in your training.
I hope that by sharing with you what I know about prong collars and how to effectively and humanely use them, you will have even more opportunities to reinforce your dog while also having a tool that can interrupt unwanted behaviors and lead your dog with precision.
This video will cover several points that I feel can help you if you are considering training with a prong collar.
Here Are Topics I’m Covering
- The differences between high quality, good quality, and low-quality collars.
- The differences in the size of prong collars and how that can affect your dog.
- How to size your prong collar and make adjustments to get the best fit.
- Should you use a collar with a quick-release versus one without?
- Connecting your leash to your prong collar.
- And finally, introducing your dog to a prong collar.
If you have more questions after watching this video, don’t hesitate to reach out to me. You can text me anytime, and it’s 100% free. I want to see you and your dog succeed.
(832) 734-5189 Text me anytime! You can also visit my YouTube Channel for more tips or find them right here on my website www.longoriahausdogtraining.com.